If you are a business on the route, the information below is for you! We want merchants to have great experiences during each Open Streets event! We look forward to working with you and sharing ideas to help draw in customers during the event.
**If your business is on the route, there is no required fee. Donations however, are encouraged and welcomed, as community sponsors and donations make this event possible!**
Why should my business participate in Open Streets?
Open Streets turns streets into safe, fun places for walking, bicycling, dancing, and other activities. It is free for attendees and brings thousands of people, presenting a great opportunity for businesses located along the route to attract new customers.
Similar events have shown that 68% of participants became aware of a business they didn’t know existed before! Businesses that are open during these events can see a 10% increase in revenue compared to regular business days. Greater increases, up to 57%, have been seen when businesses actively engage with participants.
Making the Most of Open Streets
Plan on being open the day of the event.
- Businesses that open up to the sidewalk and street report record sales and make the event more fun for participants.
Make your storefront visible.
- There will be a high volume of foot traffic. Making your business visible (banners, sandwich boards, signs, etc.) will encourage more participants to stop in.
Bring your business outside.
- Have a game or activity, or some of your merchandise, out in front of your store!
- Make your game or activity unique and interactive – something that will make the individual remember your business!
Offer coupons and other “Open Streets specials.” This will tempt more participants to try your product and look for your business as they travel along the route.
- If you’re offering a special, let us know and we can help promote it via the event website and social media.
Will there be a lot of tents blocking my business?
No, this event aims to showcase the businesses located along the route. We will only allow tents and outside vendors in areas where there aren’t currently any businesses. All vendors must be related to the theme of the day.
How will my customers get to me if you block the road?
We will create an easy-to-read map, including available parking and detour routes.
And remember, this event will mean thousands of people walking by your business who may become new customers!
Will restrooms be provided?
Yes. There will be portable toilets along the route.
(However, this is a family friendly event, and we encourage nearby businesses to open your restrooms to the public. It will bring grateful parents in, glad to not have to take children into a portable!)